Reverse engineering based on the Archimedes Screw, our Hydroscrew © is a micro-generation turbine.
Our Hydroscrew © is based on the millenary hydraulic Archimedes Screw.
We have applied reverse engineering to this mechanism which is used to pump water from the river bed to higher areas by transforming it into a hydraulic microgeneration turbine.
Through the water flow and the height available, the Hydroscrew © is able to generate completely clean and constant energy, supplying power that oscilates between the 50 kW and 200 kW, depending on the existing natural conditions for the development and sizing of the machine.
The HYDROSCREW © is one of the most efficient existing micro-hydraulic generation technologies on the market, reaching nominal results higher than 70% with a minimun water flow.
This is due to its lineal shape, resulting in a compact design, completely adaptable to riverbeds or derivations, and permitting an optimized performance on a wide range of water flows even with low water jumps.
The ideal set-up for this development is on the jumps lower than 5 meters, allowing it to cover a generating range where other hydraulic technologies are not efficient at all.
- River weirs
- Ecologic flows in hydraulic power plants
- Clarified water outlets of sewage treatment plants
- Substitutions of low jump turbines
- Irrigation channels
- Replacement of old hydraulic devices
- 24 hour constant operation
- Flexible water flows
- Adjustable fall heights
- High performance percentages
- Power delivered from 50kW to 200kW
- Fast benefits due to moderate investments and minimum maintenance
- High performance even at low flow rates
- Effective use of hydraulic flow
- Wear resistant
- Protection of marine fauna
- Improvement of water quality by oxygen enrichment
SINFIN BARREDA H.P.
Hydroelectric use of water
Gijón Botanical Gardens
Ultrasounds system powering
Geothermal heating system