Doing reverse engineering based on the millenary Archimedes Screw, we have developed our micro-generation turbine, Hidroscrew ©.
Our Hidroscrew © is based on the millenary hydraulic Archimedes Screw.
To these mechanism, that is used to pump water from the river base to the higher areas, we have applied reverse engineering, transforming it into a hydraulic micro-generation turbine.
Through the water flow and the height available, the Hidroscrew © is able to generate completely clean and constant energy, supplying powers that oscilate between the 50 kW and 200 kW, depending the natural conditions existant for the development and the sizing of the machine.
The HIDROSCREW © is one of the most efficient existent micro-hydraulic generation technologies in the market, reaching nominal results higher than the 70% with a minimun water flow.
This is due to its lineal shape, resulting in a compact design, completely adaptable to riverbeds or derivations, and permitting an optimized performance on a wide range of water flows even with low water jumps.
The ideal configuration for this develpment is on the jumps lower than 5 meters, allowing to cover a generating range where other hydraulic technologies are not efficient at all.
- River weirs
- Ecologic flows in hydraulic power plants
- Clarified water outlets of sewage treatment plants
- Substitutions of low jump turbines
- Irrigation channels
- Replacement of old hydraulic devices
- 24 hour constant operation
- Flexible water flows
- Adjustable fall heights
- High performance percentages
- Power delivered from 50kW to 200kW
- Fast amortizations due to moderate investments and minimum maintenance
- High performance even at low flow rates
- Effective use of hydraulic flow
- Wear resistant
- Protection of marine fauna
- Improvement of water quality by oxygen enrichment
Hydroelectric use of water
Gijón Botanical Gardens
Ultrasounds system powering
Geothermal heating system